Preparing for a running event
If you’re one of the thousands signed up to take part in the Townsville Running Festival, we’ve got some tips to help you have a fun and safe day this coming August.
If you haven’t really been preparing… you still have time. To get the most out of which ever race you have signed up for, it’s a good idea to do some planning.
The Townsville Running Festival is an all-inclusive event with distances to suit everybody while taking in the gorgeous views of The Strand.
Check out Shadeview’s top tips for making the most of your day:
- Check your start time and make sure you give yourself plenty of time prior to your race, the last thing you want to do is miss your start!
- Book a table at a nearby café or restaurant for post-race recovery meal so you can make the most of your day and celebrate your achievement
- Read the course notes so you are familiar with the route of the event you are taking part in. Nothing worse than getting lost half way through
- On the event morning start hydrating as soon as you wake up with water and some electrolyte. Continue to hydrate during your run, it may get hot early on
- And finally remember Shadeview’s sun safety tip!!! Slip, slop, slap – Sun safety is important for everyone including spectators but especially participants in the longer races